The MAXPEDITION Fatboy S-Type Versipack was originally designed for Search and Rescue work. The Fatboy S-Type rides on the left side of the body filling the need for a 'lefty' Fatboy and a grab-and-go gear bag that does not hinder the quick drawing of a sidearm on the right hip. It also has a 2" wide Velcro loop patch on the front lid for attachment of ID patches. Each S-Type Fatboy comes with a tactile non-slip shoulder pad providing great comfort during extended use.
The following are the major differences between the S-type and the standard Fatboy:
(1) The footprint of the S-type is in the MIRROR IMAGE of the footprint of the standard Fatboy.
(2) The S-type has an additional anchor attachment point where the cellphone pocket is on the standard Fatboy.
(3) The S-type provides more modular capacity than the standard Fatboy with three anchor attachment points.
* Main: 8" x 6.5" x 3"
* Frontal: 7" x 5" x 1.5"
* Rear: 8" x 7.5"
* SideA: 6" x 3" x 1.5"
* SideB: 5" x 1.5" x 1"
* Shoulder : Integral 2" strap (min 40" diameter / max 60" diameter) with non-slip shoulder pad.
* Empty Weight: 17.6 oz.
* Attach: Integral Quick Release Belt Snap
* Optional Accessories (Sold Seperately): Grimloc Carabiner and Hook
& Loop Modular Accessories (#3501 UNIVERSAL CCW HOLSTER, #3502
TRIPLE MAG HOLDER, #3503 DUAL MAG RETENTION INSERT)
* Color Options: Black / Green / Khaki / Digital Foliage Camo
* Also #0403 Fatboy Versipack (Right side carry)
* 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
* Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
* high strength zippers and zipper tracks
* UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures
* Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
* High tensile strength nylon webbing
* High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
* #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
* Internal seams taped and finished
* Paracord zipper pulls
* Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength